1 cup (250ml) canola oil
1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
1 cup (280g) natural yoghurt
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
2 tbs rosewater
1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
1-2 drops pink food colouring
Dried edible rosebuds (optional), to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour eight 1-cup (250ml) decorative moulds (non-stick friand pans are ideal).
- Place the oil, caster sugar and eggs in a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until well combined. Stir in yoghurt, followed by flour, then stir in half the rosewater.
- Divide the mixture among moulds. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in moulds, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- For icing, place icing sugar in a bowl with remaining rosewater and colouring.
- Use a wooden spoon to gradually stir in enough warm water (about 2-3 tsp), to make a smooth, flowing icing. Turn out cooled cakes, then drizzle with icing and decorate with rosebuds, if using.